Her motive should be investigated, he says
Minister of Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Quader said Priyabala Saha, who complained of minority oppression in Bangladesh to US President Donald Trump, should be given a chance to explain herself.
Priya claimed that 37 million Hindus, Buddhists and Christians had disappeared from Bangladesh, and that her home had been torched and her land had been grabbed by Muslim fundamentalists.
“The reasons for making such allegations should be investigated. I think she should be given a chance to defend herself when she returns home,” Quader told the media on Sunday after attending the license handover ceremony of MRT Line 6 at Bangabandhu International Convention Centre.
Also Read- Sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
The government on Saturday said there appears to be an ulterior motive behind her false and concocted stories aimed at maligning Bangladesh.
“Her motive should be investigated,” Quader said. “She should make a public statement.”
Terming the allegation made by Priya Saha to US President Donald Trump on the persecution of minorities in Bangladesh as "absolutely false", Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader has also said she would be sued on sedition charges.
Priya Saha, a Bangladeshi national, participated in the Second Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom held at the US Department of State in Washington, DC, from July 16-18.
A video clip, that later went viral on social media, showed Priya, one of the organizing secretaries of Bangladesh Hindu-Bouddha-Christian Oikya Parishad, pleading to Trump to save 18 million people of minority groups in Bangladesh from persecution.
Meanwhile, several people, including lawyers, have moved the court seeking permission to file sedition cases against her in various districts across the country.